Forums > Social Chat > tributes to people that mean so much..::*

Login/Join to Participate

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
It takes a special person to reach out to others in their time of need and to make sure they are ok.... even if we have never even met each other in the 'real' world you are all still family to me. So in this thread I propose that we tell people here what they mean... and that they are not just a nick name on a screen...

Flynty... My strength and goaty giggler, you always have a way of making me smile. I love the depth of your compassion.

Rozi... My voice of reason in a scrambled world, you help me to see all the alternatives. You are the wise one.

Cass... My reminder of purity and giving, your joyful and playing way of having fun and uplifting people inspires me.

Moon Pixie... Such a lovley free spirit, your encrouagement and open arms to every person is a shining light to all twirlers in brissie

Bec... An inspiration in her own right, your generosity is amazing.. you are always a sparkly smiley fairy.

Puk... always up for a laugh and ready to cause some mischeif, you make me laugh, and encrouage me to remember my inner child

Burnt_one... you are one of my closest friends ya big computer nerd. thanks for all the support you have always offered and for being such a good friend to arsn and I

Bammers... You have been the one to calm me when Im in an emotional tizzy. You have made me smile and realise my worth, and I appreciate you and you beautiful soul

C@ntus... You literally make me laugh out loud when I read your posts.. your a funny and lufferly fraggle and I cant wait for you to stay

Fluffy...I loved the postcard from india, was such a special surprise.Your ability to encrouage me to see fluffy happiness in all things makes me giggle.

Drome... You and my connection will never be fully understood by a lot of people except prehaps you and me and kevin. Thanks for your kind words and true honesty. I need it.

Malcolm... Your such a star I had to mention you here for inspiring me... thanks for helping me to meet all these people.

Dentrassi... your "yes but the men in my family" qoute shall live on well used in Brissie... thanks for your caring support and phone calls.

Charles... i love the way that you are so P.c you have a wonderful of getting your point across without upsetting people... and the present for your son is almost finished!!!

Fire Dancing Fairy... I understand you. I too have been there. You have grown before my very eyes and I cannot wait to share more time with you, you have a gracious heart, wonderful healer..

and last but not least

arsn... We have had some really hard times and we have stuck it out through thick and thin and I believe that we are soul mates.I love you... shmily?

I love all you guys
Sorry if this is soppy but I wanted to make sure that the important people in my life knew what they mean to me.
(edit because I missed out two very important people and Im sure there are more)

[ 11. November 2003, 20:48: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
------

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
mmm, such a good idea

ok, i'm sure i will forget a few people, but hopoefully not

shadow steppin'...for always making me laugh and smile. i have finally started feeling love again, love that doesn't hurt me, thanks to you

regyt...for a beautiful spirit and amazing artistic talent. you are so accomodating, thank you so much!!!

mistress aurora...you reached out to me in my time of need and made me feel like family. thank you for being such a wonderful person!

dio...you have been such an awesome friend, lending me your friends from colorado so i don't feel so lonely, making me laugh for being on the same wavelength as me. thanks for being there!

grayforth...you have been such a sweetheart, talking to me about all my problems, keeping me from being bored on my lonely nights, and just making me laugh all around.

fire dancing fairy...oh you are such a beautiful woman and spirit. i can feel how calming your spirit is from here. you are such a powerful person, and i am delighted to call you a friend.

lasersurge...i've thoroughly enjoyed our conversations. thank you for listening and talking with me about twin flames, fire, for the pictures, and for just being a totally cool person to talk to

fireboy...anyone that calls me darling is cool in my book!

phobos...we are still queens of everything! you are such a sweet girl. i'm glad to have met you and been able to chat about random things like buffy the vampire slayer and skanky b%*^@^es from hell!

caniffis...you've been an awesome friend. i've missed our chats, but i'm so glad you were there for me, especially when things were really bad. i do consider you a good friend.

gidg...you have such a bouncy wonderful personality. i would LOVE to meet you in person one day, bounce on your pogostick, and share stories and laughter as i assume we would

narr...thank you for the tattoo drawing, and so quickly! you're an awesome person and so generous!

and of course, malcolm...thank you for creating and maintaining this community. without it, i would feel lost.

and to everyone else i have chatted with for any length of time, thank you to you all. especially to those who were there for me and shared stories and words of comfort during my really rough times. this community has helped me in more ways than one, and i would feel missing if i wasn't a part of it.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Lots to add, and will come back to this thread and do so. But I wanted to start by adding:

Valura - who makes me smile from ear to ear. Your level of warmth and passion in life is amazing. And your compassion for others so great. You are there for me when I am feeling rotten, and it is so appreciated.

Flyntus-maximus - a fuzzy critter who inhabits people's laps and does late night phone calls.

NYC - "He's the devil and I love him so". sexy as all get out. And kinda scary in a full on "I would never want to offend this man" way.

My darling Dent - hickey man bum on fire. The only person to ever get me truly truly drunk, and the giver of the best massages in town.

Bender - He appreciated my storm post over a year and a half ago. he can quote Futurama. nuff said.

Cassandra - Blunt, Brilliant, Passionate, Short, Ridiculously funny, hopeless matchmaker, amazing person. Sorry I haven't written lately.

Brainstorma - my fuzzy feral friend. Missing you chum. $5 steak at the Toxteth sometime soon?

Puk - Waxed nipples. Hilarity. Best impression of a puppy dog in show.

Bovril - blushes sooooo sweetly when lightly roasted.

AB - chat room non sequiters galore. Always interesting.

Charles - Honest, straightforward, and truly tiny and lovely. Despite attempting to appear really gruff and scary.

Mistress Flashy Pants - Hot pant wearing queen of fetish. Missing your presence on HoP, hoping to catch you in person at 73 sometime soon.

Dom - tall lanky, left blonde hair in my shower and used all my shampoo. Taught me how to make the least effective umbrella on earth.

Gnor - super!!! So lovely to meet you. A person prepared to be hugged by almost complete strangers and total nutters.

Will update more soon.

[ 18. November 2003, 00:24: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
im gonna do this in a diplomatic way so that i dont miss anyone out

i love everyone on this board, i come on everyday and every single one of you makes me smile or laugh, yes even you mr raymond P!!! it gets pretty lonely over here in Oman and you all keep me sane thankyou!!

*dam where did i put those tissues!!*

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:

Because you're worth it honey

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
You absolutely ROCK Valura!
Everytime I read something that you have posted you leave a little insight into the sort of person you must be.
From just reading your compassionate and 'straight from the heart' posts, I can see what an absolutely amazing caring person you are and how much of yourself you throw into everything!
A good friend of mine from high school was sick for a pretty long time while we were finishing year 11 and 12, she was a lot like you and would do anything that it took to get a smile out of her buddies or help someone out.
Everytime we were saying goodbye, be it in person or over the phone, email etc, she would say to all of her friends 'Thankyou for being you'.
She passed away from a form of bone cancer in 1999 and I was soooo devastated, but since then my group of graduates from high school have gone through a lot more since then, deaths, births, happy stuff and sad stuff, but have always remembered our first buddy that left us and the amazing words that she would leave you with to make you feel special. She urged us in the letter she wrote to be read to us after she had gone that we should always appreciate the people around us and that you could never go too far to get a smile!
My friends and I now always try and spread that message a little when we're 'out and about'.
Your attitude to life and whatever it throws at us reminds me of her, so I thought you might appreciate her words...

Thankyou for being you!

Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I love you Valura
I love your energy and cannot wait to share more smiles and hugs in mach in OZ

by the way i met kevin and gave him a big hug, you were right he shines so much too, just like you

So much love and respect
SHINE ON
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Oh Rach....
You made me CRY!!! Im at work sniffling like a lil bubby...
That is a really beautiful story, and Im so thankful that you shared with us...
beautiful.
Hey hows your knee sweetness?
Cass...Im so glad that you and kev have connected... you would both learn so much off each other... and isnt he the most awesome for hugs?? I attuned him to rekei First degree and I hope to attune him further...
Rozi. Thanks babe, We are on the same wavelength, hows work going?

[ 12. November 2003, 11:56: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Oh jeez everybody must think im just full of sillyness .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh puko... you can be quite serious if u wanna be...
Unless you are eating cardboard in pizza hut...

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
um yeah that's true Um where do i start?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Hey Valura...
The knee is buggered and it's disheartening me a bit I can tell you!
The end verdict was a ruptured ACL, stretched MCL, fractured knee cap and damaged cartilage...
I have to go to hospital in a week to have one of those freaky MRI things where they put you in a tube...not happy!
Then my reconstruction happens three days before Christmas... nice...!
All is good otherwise though! I just valedicted from College after four years of fun, but I need more study space to myself for my last year of Uni, so I've just signed my first lease on a place in town and am slowly moving all my stuff over as my contract as a Resident Advisor winds up....Very Exciting! hehe
Hope you're having a ball up in sunny QLD!
Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Valura:

Rozi. Thanks babe, We are on the same wavelength, hows work going?

hehe, remind me to tell you about this one. Extra stress caused by it, but my boss stuffed up so badly that nothing I could ever do will look bad by comparison. Taking a cruel delight in it right now

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
all around
love you pounce

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
YAY!!! I'M LOVED!!!! and by a cute boy no less!

mmmm dreaming of shadow

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
tee hee... look at the love...I love this stuff...

Bluecat deserves a very special mention... I know the feline has helped many of my very good friends in times of need.

Dev kev... I love your beautiful spirit. You helped me grow with poi and also with the unconditional love and acceptance you gave me... I love you dearly sweet man

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
so, I waited a while before I posted here. I had a good think about the people on HoP that have seriously touched my lives over the past 2+ years... There's far more than I could ever count, and as one lovely HoPper accused me once, I have a tendancy to be mushy.

So I'll just say this:

I love you guys. You are my family, adopted and real. So many of you have made a significant difference in my life, whether it be that girl with pigtails who gave me soap, the guy who made the site itself!, the crazy guy that pulled faces at me via a webcam one day, that tall guy who showed me isolations so that it FINALLY clicked, that fantastic programmer who wrote me a whole new way of seeing HoP, the chicken who makes me laugh (and cry), the beautiful huggy people, the crazy bead lady, the painter whos' artwork i have yet to see and who shares the same page of thought as me, that boy who makes me laugh every time he calls, the guy who i'm yet to collect so many promised hugz from, many offers of dreadlocks, and several faeries and fluffy types that just soothe the monster in me, the one thats calls me "my dear", all those wonderful moments on hopchat that made me cry with laughter, the hugz, the tears, the midnight phone calls, the blessings upon blessings upon blessings.

and lastly, damn I cant wait to meet the rest of you!!!

There we go, I think that was mushy enough dont you?

Currently on the right side up of the world.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, almost. But there were sooo many more opportunities for mushiness in there.

Anyway, personally, i'd like to thank the little man who lives inside my refrigerator who endlessly and consistently turns the light on and off. We all seem to forget about them, and the poor little guys never get any recognition (and it must get bloody cold in there) - so, let's all give it up for the little men in our fridges!! YAY!

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Fallout you make me giggle lots... arsn went to the fridge and said thank you...

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:

gonna see you soon too.....

possibly more postcards on the way but don't tell anyone! *shhh!*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I think I can safely say that I'm with a few people and am a bit left out of the whole "family within a family" group

But still wanted to add

Valura: after the "Pay it forward" thread you're a bit of an idol and I think of you everytime I see someone upset or in trouble, I also think of my psych course and "Bystander behaviour" but I'm sure you're much better than that

Cassandra: You stuck in my head because of your "I like it When" thread which I love! I still read bits which makes me feel good

And EVERYONE I almost love this webpage and you all make it what it is, especially HOP and admin
Muchos Thanks
Mary

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
I honestly think I've been happier in life since I've engulfed myself in HoP, and the people on it. I don't know if anyone else at home has noticed it or not, but I have

I've never been in a community this loving and caring ever before, even if it is just online, the amount of love and support everyone gives eachother, I find it hard not to be happy, and enjoy it all. And like I've said before, I've gotten more hugs from eveyone on this site in the few months I've been on there than I think I ever have in my whole life combined!

And in return, I like to try and help those on here that are in need. Allthough, there may not be much I can do, I try when I can. I just wish there was more I could do for everyone who has talked to me, and helped me with anything and everything... *sigh*

I love you all!!

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
This is a rough one, because I haven't gotten to know nearly as many of you as I would like to; but I hope to meet all of you someday (::racks brain:: no exceptions. you're all fantastic.). So, here goes:

NYC, you are enthusiasm embodied, you welcomed me into the local spinny world, and you lead the multi-faceted life that I work towards - your facets are different from mine, but I admire the balance you manage to keep...

Cassandra, you popped over to NY and taught me the weave when I first started, you broke into my shyness at the first spinny gathering I attended, and you showed me how spinning can take my breath away - you laughing beauty, I adore you from afar, really and truly...

Pounce, you are pure fun and good will, and I hope we can someday meet - I think it would end up being a wondrous long chat both giggly and perverse...

Flynt, your poetry makes me smile and think. I imagine you as a stringed instrument, delicately thrumming beauty....

Rozi, hoping to travel with you someday for real, you feel comfortable at first virtual encounter...

Gidg, you remind me of my friend Nemiko, in that you have this way of being a wise auntie and an adorable, mischievous little girl all at once...

Vanize, you read all the right books and frankly, your brain simply delights me...

Charles, for some reason whenever I read a post by you I find myself wishing you'd been there to hold my hand when I was a little kid learning to ride my bike. What a father you must be making!

[More to come later, but I wanted to get started before I forgot! ]

E pluribus unum, baby.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
regyt... that is simply delightful... what a hunny you are, you seem to be a very enlightened person and I wonder why I havent chatted with you before...I will change that mark my words...

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
thanks regyt! i sincerely hope we get to meet one day, and i'm sure we will. and yes, i agree that it will a long perverse and giggly chat!

much love!

**giggles**

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey regyt, definitely. Bring the circus on the road and come find my red room in South American. And don't forget your woolly hat

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Valura, definitely looking forward to getting to know you better!

Rozi, I'll crochet a moebius woolly hat just for you.

E pluribus unum, baby.