Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
Well... it's not video... but you can see me doing meteorz (poorly) in my livejournal:www.livejournal.com/users/tallp_llFor those hardcore geeks out there... livejournal is kind of a cool thing you might want to look into.

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey Twist.Your pix of fire meteor are very cool!I bow down to the man who has the gutz to do fire with meteor!!! ( hoping to light mine soon! )

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
i aint all that good yet... my friend jenn is dope.

Rowanmember
6 posts

Posted:
Those look great, Twist!I want some pix of me doing meteors!And, Twist, Thanks for the compliment...But, you'll be great in no time!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
ok i have hoped an explination would have came by now, but....what are meteors?? How are they different?"S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
Well... the generic, non-cool name for meteors out here is "rope"... and that's pretty fitting. The tool is a 7-10 foot long rope with wicks/weights on the end depending if you're flaming or practicing. Traditionally, the Chinese use shallow bowls/dishes that they filled with water or fuel. The trick is to keep the bowls/wicks opposite and the rope nearly as straight as possible while you spin it... so you do a lot of staff moves. Jenn usually starts off around the body while i start of in a helicopter type move. From there, you can move the rope up and down your body, through your legs, over your back, lay down and spin above you, etc. You can also do all of the poi moves with rope as well... just by grabbing it a couple of feet apart and swinging. I pretty much think its the ultimate.Maybe we should go out and make a video this weekend with the new digital camcorder i got for work, eh firegirl?

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
aaaahhhhhhh i see said the blind man...that is pretty cool. i saw an Asian guy at a Martial Arts open Tournament here in Houston a few yrs back do this hyung (form) with a chain and a spear head on the end of it.The chain was about 10' long, and he was doing some amazing moves. I craziet thing i saw him do was fall to his back while spinning the chain above him, then he swung it under his body. He would do this weird body pop thing sort of like a Breakdancing catepillar move, just in reverse and on his back. He would lift his feet while he swung under them and in secession lifted different sections of his body so that the chain could pass underneath him. It was awesome looking."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain