Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

sphere27member
11 posts

Posted:
Name: Sphere27 (Jimi)Sex: maleAge: 23Location: Washington DCToys: Glowstix since June 2001, devil sticks since 1996, contact juggling since 2000Occupation: Computer ProgramingLeft handedJimi

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
wahey,haven't been here for a while, but i thought i'd reply to this thread!NAME: Dott smile SEX: fAGE: 25 going on 12 (my clothes all say age 11-12!)LOCATION: Oxford, UKTOYS: juggling, diabolo, swinging clubs, staff (all fire), glowy and normal poi, balloon modelling, stilts, bit of devil stick, bit of contact juggling... i could go on! HOW LONG: juggling for many many years, club swinging for about 4, and poi and staff for at least a couple of yearsOCCUPATION: physicist / entertainerHOBBIES: apart from the juggling?? erm, singing, goth-ing, cartoons, reading the beano, acting like a kid...FAVORITE COLOR: varies too much to say!MOST VIEWED MOVIE: "fired up and lairy" (this is a video of videos from my favourite band, Terrorvision smile )FAVORITE BOOK: fahrenheit 451, ray bradbury.MEMORABLE SPIN: sorry, no really memorable ones... i've been doing fire too long that my first fire "spin" came too long after to make any difference...FAVORITE QUOTE: i have been known to wahey as a greeting fairly often smile

dances with firemember
2 posts

Posted:
Name: BillieSex: femaleAge: 24Location: Troy, NY and occasionally Baltimore, MDURL: www.rpi.edu/~rinalbToys: any poi I can get my hands onBeen twirling for: two weeks, but learning quicklyOccupation: grad studentHobbies other than obvious: guitarFavourite Colour: blueBest twirling related moment in life so far: spinning fire on the beach at Assateague last weekend

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
name: Rick Gladwin, aka Loki, Arius (fire names), Dr. Gizmo (science show name)age: 22 (00010110 - word to Poly Beaver)sex: malewhy: why not?occupation: right now, designing and building robots for the science centre where I work. whee! and part-time activistwhere: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canadatoys: poi, flaming gophers, double-ended poibeen spinning for: about 6 monthsother things: snowboarding, reading, writing, falling over, thinking, guitarfavorite authors: Kurt Vonnegut, Tom Robbins, Arundhati Roy, but aren't favorites always changing?movies: The Dark Crystal, Neverending Story, Labyrinth, What Dreams May Come, The Matrix...most memorable fire experience: I've been making bigger and bigger towel wicks. I was doing a hired gig last weekend at an outdoor rave, and my arms had gotten tired (the rest of the spinners from here were all doing other things that weekend, so it was only I)and I'd begun thwacking myself, but I hadn't yet lit up my latest and largest set of wicks. I was thrown off by the thwacking, but eventually I made the decision to light them. SHWOOMPH! I could feel the heat from them while I was spinning, like being near a campfire. I was very glad I'd gotten the nerve to light them up. The crowd loved it. The nervousness went away and I enjoyed dancing with them.why I got into physics: you know those questions that pop into your head when you're a kid like "how big is the universe?" and "how does light work?", the kind where you can only look so far into the answer before you realize you can't seem to see any farther, but you know there's an entire ocean more of truth to it? Well, welcome to theoretical physics, where you get to spend your time looking for answers that a six-year-old stores away who then goes to play by a stream. One gains a great appreciation for one's own grand ignorance, and a great fondness for playing in streams.next hired gig: tonight! crap, I gotta go! shockedPeace, Love, and Fire to all! smile-Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Well, wow after reading this entire thread, I am amzed at the number of fire spinners here.. I'm new here hi everybody!anyway, here is some info about me if you care to know:Age: 22Sex: maleEmail: GeetarPlayer@hotmail.comLocation: Kamloops, British Columbia, CanadaSign: GeminiToys: two fire staffs, one without wicks I'm using for practice right now. But I also have 30 feet of wick I have yet to make into something.Been twirling for: well, all my life since I was little actually, when someone showed me a basic figure eight movement with a baseball bat. But only dancing with fire and practicing daily for 1 year and a bit.Occupation: Computer programmer, mostly webpages, but some other stuff as wellUnobvious hobbies: snowboarding, moutain biking, rollerblading, hackey sack, frisbee, running around backwards at full speed (try it, it's fun! grin )Music related stuff: listening to and collecting all types of music, from heavy metal to alterative to punk to classical to techno/trance and the list goes on. I like anything but country and hardcore gangsta rap, but even those I like some songs.Lately I have become addicted to trance so that is all I've been listening too recently, Paul Van Dyk, Oakenfold, Dj Tiesto, that kind of stuff.I also enjoy bongo drumming, creating music with my computer, and djing, which I am just getting into, using virtual turntables on my computer, or the real thing at my friends places.Favorite Color: blackMost viewed movie: Natural Born KillersFavorite Quote: Life. Wow. (My friend james)Favorite Twirling Moment: every friday down at the park where I meet with other firespinners, and drummers, when I stretch out, get very stoned, and go completely crazy with my staffs.So anyway that's me... drop me an email if you want to talk, I saw a lot of people above with similar interests (fire, web page programming, raves..)------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name: BeauAge: 19Sex: MaleEmail: bjpulver@yahoo.comLocation: Madison, WI, and college at Minneapolis/St. PaulSign: Who cares?Toys: Just ordered beginner poi and mastering the beginner moves...Been twirling for: A month, if thatOccupation: Student/AssasinUnobvious hobbies: Playstation (RPG's), Sci-Fi books, Music related stuff: Thank God for Napster... Without it, I never would have found my love for ALL types of techno... Currently, I am looking for Happy Hardcore, but nobody around here seems to sell it... anyone suggest some good names?Favorite Color: BlueMost viewed movie: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Drop Dead GorgeousFavorite Quote: "It's not denial. I'm just selective of the reality I accept."Favorite Twirling Moment: Getting my picture taken the first time I tried putting poi to musicWorst Moment: One time at a small gathering, a girl asked if she could see my poi and she proceeded to throw them away... totally ruined my day... I would love to increase my rave intake, so if anyone hears of anything in the Twin Cities or SW Wisconsin area, feel free to drop me an email!

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Name: Ed(ward) + variants. (Incidentally, I'm not black. I just like the name.)Sex: Male.Age: 6teen.Location: London, UKURL: https://www.picturetrail.com/edwardsaperia
or https://www.saperia.comToys:
atm quarterstaff, poi, but interested in contact juggling, meteors and double or cross staff, firewhips. all fire, btw. oh and i love to blow. fire, that is.Been twirling for: about 6 days. and i've already done 2 parties wink not hired though, obviously. All my friends think i'm boring because i havent talked about anything else since i started.Occupation: Student. And yes I do study.Hobbies other than obvious: various instruments, digital art, drawing, way too much time on the internet, trying to make friends, lots of friends. And studying during schooltime.Favourite Colour: That odd bluey purpley turquoisey type colour, you know the one. The sound of the sea eclipsed in a salt slash.Fave Movies: Flight of Dragons (oh Ellessande...), Monty Python and The Holy Grail (Comedy, pure + simple), American Beauty (I rule!), Fight Club (just about screwed up enough), The Matrix (The pinnacle of a traditionally limited genre, imho), probably more.Favourite Quote/Saying: Trust in Allah... but still tie up your camel. - ProverbBest twirling related moment in life so far: When I was continually blowing 2-3 metre fireballs at this party.Worst twirling related moment in life so far: When everyone watching walked off to watch television. Bastards.Pets: One fish, two dogs, thirty-five cats.Fave authors: Philip K Dick, Tolkein, Asimov, Jeff Noon, Will Self (FREAK)... most short sf stories i like... attempting to get into fantasy but dont really know where to start... in terms of nonfiction, i like almost any books about science + maths, except about the history of them. The selfish gene was good, btw, I recommend that to anyone who says Darwin is about the survival of the fittest but doesnt actually know what that means.current temperature: Too hot. Can't sleep. Sticky...MSN: infinite_mokey@hotmail.com (yes, Mokey. long story...)Zodiac, Chinese: BullZodiac, Western: Taurus (Neat huh?)Heritage: Half Lithuanian, Half Cantonese.Favorite fruit: The Physalis, or perhaps the noble pomegranateI'm just wasting time and space now, trying to make myself seem like an interesting person... anyway, see you on the boards. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif">------------------[/image] - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!B l A c K i E

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

plastikgirlmember
41 posts

Posted:
Name: plastikgirl (Carol)Sex: female Age: 19Location: Curitiba, BrazilURL: https://www.purpurina.netToys:
clubs, poi, ballsBeen twirling for: almost 1 yearOccupation: events producer/promoterHobbies other than obvious: reading, climbing trees, singing, writing, drawingFavourite Colour: blue/purple/redMost viewed Movie: The Devil's Advocate, The Exorcist (cant even believe it, I saw it 10 times), The Matrix...Favourite Quote/Saying: a man who has a smile when all goes wrong has found someone to blame it onBest twirling related moment in life so far: dont know...all of them I guessAstrology: saggitariusFav animal: catI'm lefthandedp.l.u.r., people, alwaysplastikgirl/Carol------------------"Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

Alagonmember
14 posts

Posted:
Name: Alagon (Philip)Sex: maleAge: 20Location: Pembrokeshire, Wales, UKURL: https://www.boatdesign.co.uk
(or would be if I could get my damn IP changedToys: poi, throwing knives ;>Been twirling for: The last monthOccupation: Student and part-time boat designer smileHobbies other than obvious: reading Japanese manga (in Japanese), Watching anime, windsurfing, free-diving and drawing.Favourite Colour: Navy blue/BlackMost viewed Movie: Tenchi Muyou Harukanaru omoi, Gost in the shell, and Event Horizon...Favourite Quote/Saying: No matter where you go, there you are...Best twirling related moment in life so far: When my sister first introduced me to poi.Astrology: Aquerias (Water sign) ;>Fav animal: Weimerana (dog)I'm Ambidextrous. tongue

newly burntmember
6 posts

Posted:
name: Andyage: 19Sex: maleToys: poi, fire poyBeen twirling for about 4 monthsLocation: Eilat Israel but I'm from Nottingham England and will soon be back there in the drizzle shockedHobbies other than....... Snokling, free diving, climbing, playing football (and I mean the good old english fottie where you use your feet)Fav colour purple and I know what that means before you say anythingbest twirling moment spending several hours basking the crap out of my ankles then finally doing the behind the back weave

shevamember
3 posts

Posted:
name: sheva (in hebrew it meens seven 7)sex: f.age:27location: rishon, ISRAELe-mail: syoram@bezeqint.net.iltoys: zuni-poibeen twirling for: few monthsoccupation: speech therapy (i wonder what the parents of the children i treat would say if thay'll see me spining poi...)hobbies other than obvios: dancing, hiking, readingmost veiwed movie: lion kingbest moment: on sunrise, in a party on the dead sea beach, when i first started to do poi

hafsha1member
35 posts

Posted:
Name: Hessam (hafsha1 if it is my email at school)Sex: MaleAge: I will turn 20 on August 6thLocation: I live near Owings Mills, MD; go to school in Baltimore, MD; currently am living in Newark, DE because of a summer internship; am working in Deepwater, NJ for the summer; and my girlfriend lives in Accokeek, MD. All in the USA.e-mail: hafsha1@umbc.edu (there's that hafsha1)Toys: My girlfriend bought me the basic beginner poi from HOP and I learned a lot on those and have since picked up a set of fire poi and am just waiting to light them up.Been twirling for: about 4 months, but I can do a lot of stuff.Occupation: StudentHobbies other than the obvious: biking, skating (rollerblades), cars, motorcycle, ladies.Most veiwed movie: "The Rock"Best moment: This one night when my girl and I just stayed up all night outside and chilled, and spun for a little while, and relaxed.

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Name: Golden Krispy (Krissy)Sex: FemaleAge: 16Location: Cornwall, EnglandToys: staff, planning to build a set of poiBeen Twirling for: 2 weeks (everyone has to start at the beginning!)Occupation: Theatre StudentHobbies: Performing Arts, clubs and pubs, going to the beachFave Colour: yellowBest Twirling Related Moment in life so far: the first time i held a proper staff, i thought, god i have to learn this NOW!!There u are peeps, Keep Smiling grinGoldenKrispy

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
For whoever asked about happy hardcore up above.. look for the Happy2Bhardcore CDs, mixed by anabolic frolic.some good happy hardcore artists..brisk and trixxyvinylgroovercrunchiethat's all for now..good luck fire dancing to this stuff, I find it's way to fast unless I just hit the half beats.. same with drum and bass..I find trance at about 135 bpm to be the perfect tempo.. grin

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
Hey I'm somewhat new here. Here goes:Name: Q (Adam, if you prefer real names)Age: 17Sex: MaleLocation: New City, NY, USA (in case you have no idea where that is, most likely all of you, its about 35 minutes outside of NYC, you know, the place with many clubs)Toys: Set of strings for my glowsticks, glowsticks, and soon a set of fire poi when I get the cash!Been Twirling For: Roughly just over a year if I can rememberHobbies: Driving around, anything that involves some risk (does this qualify?), playing my saxamophone anywhere I can, jazz, and playing in the pit for theaterOccupation: whats that? nah, I'm a lifeguard, part time jazz musician, a really good personBest Twirling Moment: I guess its gonna be when I first light up!Worst Twirling Moment: I was twirling in my school's talent show and I had been going for too long (hey I hadn't been doing this long when I screwed up) and I lost my grip on a string and the glowstick landed in front of the first row. Ouch! Never will I let myself be embarrassed like that again!Stuff I need to know: any raves or gatherings related to spinning in the NYC metro area or somewhere around NY. Where do you all spin???

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name: AquacattGender: FemaleAstro Signs: Aquarius Sun, Pisces Moon, Scorpio RisingAge: 32Location: Flint, MichiganToys: Traditional Maori Poi (of late)Occupation: Accountant/Dance TeacherHobbies: Reading, Ragtime Piano Playing Favorite Colour: Aqua Favorite Quote: Eshew ObfuscationTwirling Experience: Learned to "twirl" poi balls as part of Polynesian dance lessons about 18 years ago. Kept playing with them for fun for many years at least throughout the early 90s when my only pair disintegrated from overuse. Found this website while recently searching for a resource to purchase a new set. Discovered interesting possibilities! Plan to expand my poi horizons.

rUmblermember
3 posts

Posted:
Name: rUmbler Gender: Male Age: 30Location: Jonkoping, SwedenToys: Mostly straight juggling, clubs, balls and such. Every once in a while I breath fire to impress the crowds.Poi-experience: I'm new to poi, but enjoys the range of actions that's possible to perform. See you around.[This message has been edited by rUmbler (edited 31 July 2001).]

Life is in a spin... join the fun

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Name: James (Jester)Sex: maleAge: 19Location: the Dandenongs/Melbourne/AustraliaAstrology: sun-taurus/moon-virgo/rising-pisces; (Chinese astro)-water dog, that'll doToys: 1 staff about 5 foot/ 2 1 metre 1s, poi, devil sticks, glow sticks, juggling (balls and clubs)Been twirling for: about 6 yearsFav colors: blue,green and purple, love fluro and UV as well.Fav movie: the devils advocate, labrinth, dead man and shrek just to name a few.Fav music: rock, like live pearl jam and REM or progresive techno like trance, acid, jungle when raving and firedancing.Hobbies: skiing, snowboarding, reading, poetry rollerblading, diving/scuba, raving/clubbing, darts, pool, and tennis.Occupation: student (diploma in Natural Resource Management)fav quote: Truth can never be told, so as to be understood and not be believed. (William Blake).Best twirling moment: Being invited on stage by other twirlers at my first rave (every picture), and pulling off behind the back with the devil sticks first time in front of roughly a few thousand people.E-mail: fireflyz@vds.net.au ICQ: 103632148[This message has been edited by JeStEr (edited 04 August 2001).]

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
Name: Noa (fire-sag')Sex: GirlAge: 18Location: IsraelToys: about 6 pairs of poi - saving up for fireBeen twirling for: 1.5 yrsHobbies other than the obvious: dressing barbies in punkish clothes (kidding), drawing/sketchingFav' color: most bluesMovie: Woodstock 69' or The Doors Quote: "fuckin' shit!!"Music: rock 'n' roll - mostly 70's stuff- i raided my dad's stash...icq:103688327[This message has been edited by Acid (edited 15 February 2002).][This message has been edited by Acid (edited 27 February 2002).]

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
well i guess i should do it huh?Name: if you know me you know it Sex: mostly femaleAge: 25Location: Mystic, Connecticut, USAToys: poi, staff, trailing torches, fingersBeen twirling since: 1998Hobbies other than the obvious: Birdwatching,Bellydancing, taichi, Illustration (pen&ink...maybe someday i'll get paid), gardening, snorkelling/scubaoccupation: architectural rendererbut my degree is in: zoology (go figure)Fav' color: combination field granite and balck cherry (my room colors)Movie: probably star wars for all time watchabilityQuote: "why would you microwave goodness?"Music: i believe the genre is "ethno-techno" but I don't even like all of that. i generally dont like "pure" form of any genre and tend to like more interesting fusion type stuff. world music esp middle eastern at the moment, cheesy 80s pop, disco, bluegrass, beethoven, the works. just don't make me listen to celine dion or i will kill you.

clarkeymember
29 posts

Posted:
Name: Tim / ClarkeyAge: 22Sex: MaleLocation: Stratford-u-Avon, UKToys: POI - fire, balls, glowsticks. jugglingHobbies: other than obvious, bit of a shamen, computers, cycling, travelling, technology etc.Occupation: Accounting stuff - just finished uni., working for 6 months so i can go travelling for 6 months!Fav. Colour: BlueStar stuff: LibraMost viewed movie's: Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, MatrixMusic: Drum & Bass, Hip-hop, TechnoQuote: 'Nice!'Pretty much self taught with poi... thanks to this website. Having seen people use poi at Glastonbury and Notting Hill, etc decided that i had to learn. Have now passed on the knowledge to a few mates. Going travelling early next year so hoping to hook up with more spinners so i can learn so new moves, and have a laugh.[This message has been edited by clarkey (edited 01 August 2001).]

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Name: Cantus (James)Sex: MaleAge: 27 (but i look 19)Location: Cheshire and Yorkshire, England (I move around a bit)Astrology: Capricorn and chinese year of the ox (although for years i thought iwas a tiger because my mother told me i was . . )URL: www.sheffieldscene.co.uk/headchargeToys: I have 5 different staffs (2 fire, 1 that glows under UV and 2 practice - all homemade)and i just made my first set of poi this afternoonBeen twirling for: Staff - 4 months, poi - about an hourOccupation: freelance artist and tattoo designerHobbies other than obvious: painting pretty pictures, making music, Headcharge (see URL)Favourite Colour: purpleMost viewed Movie: LabyrinthFavourite Quote/Saying: It is better live like a lion than die like a worm. But then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug?Best twirling related moment in life so far: Making my own staffs and lighting up for the first time the other night.------------------C@ntus[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 01 August 2001).]

Meh

Firefunkmember
8 posts

Posted:
Name: Firefunk (Matt)Sex: MaleAge: 20Location: Vancouver, Bc, CanadaURL: https://members.home.com/firefunkToys:
Just ordered my first Poi Set, Staff, Juggling, Devil Sticks, DiaboloBeen twirling for: 6 months at the mostOccupation: Retail SalesHobbies other than obvious: Reading, Photography, Music.Favourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movie: Emperor's New GrooveFavourite Quote/Saying: Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into Jet engines.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Haven't got one yet..

Asydraynemember
2 posts

Posted:
Name: EricSex: maleAge: 19Location: Bay Area, CaliforniaToys: fire poi/glowsticksBeen twirling for: since October 1998Favourite Glowstick Colour Combo: White and BlueOccupation: Promoter; Club Xcession (email me for the guest list, NecroTrancr@aol.com)Hobbies other than obvious: sleepin, eatin, clubbin, drivin, chillin, 4 wheelin... whatever..Favourite Colour: blue Most viewed Movie: Fight ClubFavourite Quote/Saying: There is no true reality, only perceptions.Favourite Ice Cream: Ben & Jerry's Phish Food

Rhiannamember
12 posts

Posted:
Name: Rhianna (Louise)Sex: FemaleAge: 23Location: Palmerston North, New ZealandToys: 3 balls, clubs, diabalo, poi, fire, and contact (if I only had the money to get me a set of contact balls!!)Been twirling for: Learnt the butterfly on a marae when I was 12 but really got into it at the National Juggling Convention last FebuaryOccupation: Grad looking for workHobbies other than obvious: Science Fiction and Fantasy, Favourite Colour: purple and blue Most viewed Movie: 10 Things I Hate About YouFavourite Quote/Saying: Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.Best twirling related moment in life so far: uummmm, just tried fire poi about 2 hours ago and loved it!!!

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Name: WoodySex: MaleAge: 25Location: Shepton Mallet (ish), Somerset, UKToys: Poi, fire, Glowsticks, LegoBeen twirling for: 8 months (and my arms really ache!)Occupation: Director, ITHobbies other than obvious: Mountaineering, partying, general outdoor funk.Favourite Colour: Green, or purple (depends on the day...)Favourite Quote/Saying: You have a right to privacy, use it or lose it.Music: Techno, trance etc etc.Fave animal: CatCat's favorite animal: Anyone with the tin of food.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Twirling at raves with other Poi people.Have fun!Woody

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey there;name: Shonaghemail: pixy_goth@hotmail.comsex: fage: 19location: dundee, Scotland for the summer, termtime it's Edinburghjuggling for: so long i can't remember, but I'm still rubbishpoi-ing for: 3-4 months... and I'm okay. This seems weird to me...occupation: "digitisation" and web design for the summer, Philosophy student otherwiseHobbies other than obvious: er... smokin'; I rarely seem to do anything else, actuallyFirst twirling injury: 20 mins ago... nice lines of red on my left inner wrist... it's those damn bike cables I'm using...Fav. Colour (with a "u"): I like purple, and blue, and green, and black... when my hair is anything other than brown, it's purple an' green, so they're prob. my real favouritesstar sign: pisces- right in the middle of it and psychologically too..music: METAL wink tho' I must say Metallica are rather too poncy for me now (old=good for them) for twirling i'd like to try some trancy stuff but i've never really looked.. metal-wise, the terribly fast Strapping Young Lad are ace... tho' your forearms get really tired, really fast.Plans for future - I've been considering coming all the way round the world to AUSTRALIA an' NZ, if anyone'd like to meet up (this will be next year or perhaps even longer) please email me!!So... enough is enough.Oooh, but quote would be "I like the cover. 'Don't Panic'". Hyper-intell. blues will gettit.love, p_g xx

SilverOnymember
9 posts

Posted:
Name grinougSex:MaleAge:27Location:My home is Kelowna BC Canada, but I live in Calgary AB for schoolURL:ugony@hotmail.comToys:single staff(fire, glow, mag light I'm going to try road flares!) Have a set of poi that I've used 5 times.Occupation:Geology student/oilfield 'lackey'Been twirling for:2 years... kung fu (wing chun) 5 yearsHobbies: snowboarding, kung fu, hunting(I'm in touch with nature), reading, volley-ballFav Colour:BlueMost viewed movies: Jet Li movies, and Jackie Chan moviesFavorite Quote: "It comes down to two choises... Get busy living or get busy dieing" Shawshank RedemptionBest twirling moment: I had an experience where the wind off the lake was warm and brisk. I ended up spinning in time with the wind until I felt the wind was the controlling force in my motions.

Agnimember
28 posts

Posted:
Name: GuySex: MaleLocation: Israel smileAge: 19Toys: Poi, staff, double staff, a bit of juggling.Been twirling for: Dunno. A few months.Occupation: Soldier. Yep, you have conscription in Israel...Hobbies other than the obvious: Scuba dicing, horseback riding, various martial arts, roleplaying, and all sorta stuff I can't think of right now smileFavorite color: Deep blueMost viewed movie: Has to be either Aladdin or The Princess BrideMusic: Just about anything, depending on my mood. No pop though smileFavorite Quote/Saying: I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.Best twirling moment so far: The first time I saw that look of wonder on a child's face. No really, I mean it! smile

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
Name: cealaighSex: femaleAge: 25Location: kiwi living in london townURL: www.sif-t.com (beware site not up just yet, give me another month!)Toys: comet poi, Been twirling for: 4 monthsOccupation: designer / animatorHobbies other than obvious: dancing, doodling, drinking, spending money i don't have, getting up to mischief, travelling.Favourite Colour: redMost viewed Movie:Fight Club, clockwork orange, soon to be>the lord of the rings------------------stay smilin

stay smilin

Page: ...