Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Views: 11,821    Replies: 0
"Welcome to the Technical discussion forumThis is the place to seek information about making your own equipment, advice and tips, etc...As this site has existed for many years many thing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,491    Replies: 1
"Hey, so i'm new here and have been looking into making my own fire rope dart. I'm not particularly looking to purchase the one Home Of Poi has in store, just because it's pretty costly ..."
Views: 7,315    Replies: 8
"Had a problem with my poi today, didn't see anything here on it, but I figured out how to fix it so thought I'd share. Have the rainbow LED poi I got here on HoP. Today one of them seem..."
Views: 1,666    Replies: 0
"Hi, I've been trying for a long time to charge my glowing poi to green light, but I only get pale red. Can anyone advise me something. Thanks!"
Views: 2,077    Replies: 0
"Hi there everyone ,I’m Olivier and I’m a passionate juggler.I try to find if this question have been asked before but I didn't find anything...I’m actually juggling..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,367    Replies: 5
"I have a question about my technique. I was reading the fire breathing instructions that Pele put up and noticed this:"It is a natural instinct for a person to lean into or step into th..."
Views: 1,395    Replies: 1
"Hi ti all,I have trouble with my led stick poi of the lumin art the led pattern poi, One of the two switch off during a normal rotation ,It could be a battery problem?of i leave It swit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,414    Replies: 12
"So, just about any online history of poi includes an off-hand line about how Maori warriors may have used poi as a strength training exercise, but thus far I haven't found any solid ref..."
Views: 21,291    Replies: 19
"hello people i was just wondering on what length i should order my next fire staff to be.my curent staff is 4 feet 5 inches. im 6 foot 3 inches tall and would love to get the perfect st..."
Views: 1,938    Replies: 1
"So after a couple of years thinking about it, Im wanting to get some sock poi. I have to rely on online purchases as i cant try before i buy due to non existant poi suppliers near me. o..."
Views: 1,832    Replies: 0
"Hey there,I'm currently living in China studying wushu; when I return to the US next summer, I want to acquire some LED and fire props for what I've learned.The one thing that I've had ..."
Views: 1,771    Replies: 2
"I looked around and couldn't find a subject on this. I've had the LED contact staff for well over a year now (maybe two?) and i really enjoy it. it's well balanced and works for what i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,164    Replies: 68
"Anyone ever think of trying something with sharp objects? Such as Knife poi or Mace poi? Has this been done before? If not I think it would be cool to see it. If yes, anyone have a vide..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,711    Replies: 1
"Does anyone know where one might be able to acquire white gas in bulk (5/10/20+ gallon containers) in the US?Cheers,Squee"
Views: 2,927    Replies: 0
"This might be kind of a silly question because I’m fairly new to Fire Eating, but not fire performances altogether as I’ve been using a Fire Hoop for a long time. How do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,754    Replies: 14
"I just realized that I have no way of safely transporting my coleman fuel that is less bulky than the big ol' metal gallon gas tank. Not sure that getting on a NYC subway with one of t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,392    Replies: 17
"I thought I'd resurrect this old topic mainly, I admit, to try to get some information from the trailblazers who have gone before. But perhaps I can add my own pointers also.I'm lookin..."
Views: 2,066    Replies: 1
"Hola a tod@s ! Hace 5 años compre la Ninja Poi v4 y hace año y medio se me rompió una, el botón de encender le apretó y no funciona. Me podéis decir donde en Españ..."
Views: 2,466    Replies: 0
"Need better info"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,470    Replies: 2
"I’ve bought the black cole cord which is great for pod poi. I also bought some swivels and 8 mm rings from HOP. How on earth do you get the two diameters of cord through the ri..."
Views: 2,899    Replies: 0
"Hey there,I made my own Isis wicks for my staff weeks ago but sadly I made a mistake and have to build new ones now. Therefore I have a question:When burning the Isis wicks for the firs..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,423    Replies: 5
"Just found a bottle of ROLF (Reduced Odour Liquid Fuel) in the storeroom at my pub.After doing an internet search I found a supplier online, they also sell a fuel called Paraffin Extra ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,863    Replies: 51
"For those of you who are like me and enjoy spinning glowsticks, I would recomend CYALUME brand lightsticks. They have a cylinder shape not a hexagon shape like walmart camping sticks. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,737    Replies: 1
"So, I've done some digging to try and find out the details on this unit's custom modes. The light instructions on the sales page were useful, linked below, however they didn't get into ..."
Views: 3,321    Replies: 1
"I just tied two monkey fists and an inferno knot. I used plain braided rope as they are just for practice. I could use some tips on where to find the bits and pieces to finish them off...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,919    Replies: 1
"Hi everybody! I would like to build a dragon staff with lasers eventually but am trying to find the right lasers for the job. I was looking at these 100mw 532nm lasers at https://www.sa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,793    Replies: 8
"so I made myself a practice contact staff and as I didn't have anything else I have wrapped the grip in wool. It's quite nice to the touch tho a little slippery when spinning contact st..."
Views: 2,728    Replies: 0
"Thanks in advance for advice :)I purchased a some fiberglass rods to make my own flower sticks and wondering about the flower material to use. I am hoping for faster movement (heavier ..."
Views: 2,956    Replies: 0
"I need a sport Earburd which can easy connect to my iPhone, so i can enjoy fantastic music or make clear phones calls without the hassles of a dangling cable. Which one is your best cho..."
Views: 3,212    Replies: 0
"Hi,I am planning to buy a fitness tracker either "Fitbit Charge 2" or "Garmin Vivosmart HR+". On the internet have got various feedback reviews (pros and cons) on both the trackers. If ..."
Views: 3,994    Replies: 0
"Okay, So. In a few weeks time I am running a fire show (something I've been doing for little over a year). This time however, they want a flaming version of their logo.Their logo is fai..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,435    Replies: 1
"I've tried searching the forums and Google without much luck, so I thought I'd ask what other Aussies are fire spinning with.I plan on using poi and am looking for something with a dece..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,711    Replies: 2
"I'm having a hard time finding owners of fire devil sticks. I would like to know what they purchased and what their feelings are.... Is there a copycat/fakes market? Can anyone help? Pl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,029    Replies: 4
"Dear HOP community,I did not find this in the forum, I hope there's not already a thread with that topic.I am very interested in colored flames. As probably most of you know, you can bu..."
Views: 2,229    Replies: 0
"I found an old thread where a poster says they use hollow stemmed torches for fire-eating. Rather than "necro" a 2 year old thread just to take it off topic, I'll ask here.Has anybody ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 24,236    Replies: 22
"Hey there,Like many of you, I'm concerned about the irresponsibility I sometimes see in the fire scene. I'm especially concerned by fuel spillage. The last thing I want to see when I'm ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 46,932    Replies: 41
"Hi all. Just joined the forums, glad to be here.Three months ago I decided that I wanted to take up the fine art of Fire Breathing. Don't know why...couldn't tell ya! But I think it had..."
Views: 3,025    Replies: 0
"Hi all. I want to learn the human candle - what's the best fuel for gathering the necessary vapour in my mouth.Cheers!"
Last Reply by
Views: 20,850    Replies: 24
"Dear People,I'm thinking about getting into fire breathing using dry fuels (i.e. powders). I've done a lot of reading about this sort of thing, and so far have found powders to be the s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,236    Replies: 1
"Does anyone know if the vinyl in stage balls is non-toxic?I know Umoja Poi state they are made of UDA made, medical grade, non-toxic vinyl. What about others? Like the solid color 100mm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,857    Replies: 20
"Myself and my fellow Canberra Twirlies have been playing with Shellite lately... unlike kero you can set it on fire without a wick. We have found that you can draw Circles on cement wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,982    Replies: 3
"im new to spinning but would like to do some staff spinning. i have not interest in fire spinning atthis time but would like to know what would be the best way to make a staff for conta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,946    Replies: 2
"Hey, so I never heard of Poi until a couple days ago after trying to figure out the name of a toy that I had made. The way I describe it is that it's a 3 foot string with a ball on eith..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,781    Replies: 25
"Hi guys,I was wondering about fuels and i searched HOP forum, but i never really found an answer. I apologize if the topic has been discussed already... Anyway, has anyone ever tried sp..."
Views: 4,293    Replies: 0
"I am currently on a vacation trip in Sayulita Mexico, and I have made a discovery I feel should be shared with the world. White gas appears to be sold in one place, and one place alone...."
Last Reply by
Views: 66,799    Replies: 66
"I'm surprised there isn't already a topic for this, or at least that I couldn't find one.Anyways.I, like many spinners out there, have been keeping my eye out for a decent, affordable s..."
Views: 4,577    Replies: 0
"The Pendulum, PX3,Flex Wrapsta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,092    Replies: 2
"Hi, Above is my new Hologram Dance video of me using my new Nunchaku and Poi.I have done a lot of research and have a lot of experience using programmable RGB LED wands that crea..."
Views: 3,331    Replies: 0
"I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to connect the handles?"
Views: 3,619    Replies: 0
"Just wondering if any of you have come across a breakdown contact sword.Would be ideal if I could find one that is more travel friendly than other swords.. I guess I could end up making..."
Views: 3,986    Replies: 0
"I just received my Wrapsta contact poi and I want to shorten the length. The small metal rings keep slipping when I shorten with them. What would be a preferable knot to use to connect ..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter