Page:
Flow DNAGOLD Member
Destroyer of ceiling light fixtures
433 posts

Posted:
I'm surprised there isn't already a topic for this, or at least that I couldn't find one.

Anyways.
I, like many spinners out there, have been keeping my eye out for a decent, affordable set of pixel poi for a while now.

I stumbled upon these from a company called "moving-in-air":
moving in air led pixel poi
moving in air pixel poi video

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good? Will they break on me the first time I spin them? They are apparently programmable, so you can make your own images, which is kindof the whole point of pixel poi.

I also know that ultra poi has an orbit/pixel poi set available:
ultra orbit and pixel poi
ultra orbit and pixel poi video

They look smaller than the moving in air pixel poi, and they are not programmable as far as I know. They just have a bunch of preset patterns, but they look neat.
Has anyone tried these? How are they?

Any other options out there for pixel poi? I'd like to know about as many options as I can find.

Thanks

Ask me about flow, and prepare to listen for the rest of your life, or tell me to stop talking eventually...

Greg CrumpBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
https://epoi.ru/epoi-pixel-mini/

Yall are welcome. This is a russian website,. You need to translate page, but these pixel poi blow other ones away because.....
1. They are less than 8"
2. The lights go all the way accross instead of 2/3
3. They aren't high definition, but they are programmable and light up for up to 7 hours Instead of an hour.
4. No removal battery so they won't turn off if they hit each other.
5. 110 Grams... so they aren't toO heavy,
6.$150 A PAIR WITH SHIPPING!
7. The weight of the battery is on the ends where it should be instead of at the base like most pixel poi
8. They come with swivels
9. they are simple to program
10 with 4gb you can program 1000+ images

Here is a video

Greg CrumpBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
:whiteflag:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32607710250.html
This is some high definition pixel poi that's only about 20 cm or about 8". I like to do wraps and techinical kind of poi, so i would need some 8" or smaller. These and the previous post with the poi from russia are the only ones i have found small enough and cheap enough. There is a little bit of dead space but the leds are so close the picture will be highly detailed. They are $ 160 a pair with shipping which is WAY lower than brands like ignis. Not sure how durable they are and it doesn't say how long they will stay lite up, but I'm guessing not as long as the ones from russia. The battery weight is at the base, but that shouldn't matter too much because they are small. They look pretty good and I think they are pretty new. There is longer models. Hope this helps people finding affordable and good performing pixel poi. I'm waiting on mine from russia. I will do a review and post a video soon.

Greg CrumpBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Okay this is my third Post in a row on this topic but if there's somebody looking for a really cheap option for pixel poi then buy bicycle spoke lights from wish.com or other similar sites they are only $5 so you can get a pair of really sweet looking pixel poi for only about $15 they do really cool patterns and and you will have to do some rigging to make them into poi but you can't beat that price. Here is a video

I've seen all the models of spoke lights. They have models that have rgb leds, and they have models that are four colors like in the video that are programmable for $10.
https://m.tomtop.com/programmable-colorfu...tern-h9858.html

If they have the spoke fasteners taken off and securely tied to string or put in a flowlight crystal case then they just might make the most amazing led poi ever for under $20. You can't even buy one flowlight for that much.
If you break one, well no problem, because they are just 5 DOLLARS!

Flow DNAGOLD Member
433 posts

Posted:
So many options.
Here's one I hadn't seen before:

https://www.k8malabares.com.ar/store-swing-xpoi-92

EDITED_BY: Flow DNA (1465127375)

Ask me about flow, and prepare to listen for the rest of your life, or tell me to stop talking eventually...

Flow DNAGOLD Member
433 posts

Posted:
https://juggledream.com/juggle-dream-luminart-pixel-poi.html

I've started selling these in South Africa (am I allowed to say that here? Obviously can't link to my shop...). They're cheap and simple, but pretty cool.

Page: