Forums > Technical Discussion > Practical difference between Monkey Fist and Cathedral Head Poi?

Login/Join to Participate

Hawked HobbitSILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
What is the practical difference to the two poi types? Does one make a bigger flame, move differently, etc...?

I'm going to buy one in the next couple weeks, possibly tomorrow, and knowing would help a lot with my decision.

EDITED_BY: Hawked Hobbit (1414094968)

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
length of burn time and weight are the main differences i think; monkey fists burn for a bit longer and (i think) are heavier (i say think as the extended burn time could be a factor in making my arms sore earlier haha). i prefer the monkey fists to cathedrals though as they seem to be more responsive to my movements which makes more technical moves that bit easier

[edit]
if you havnt tried medium/heavier weighted poi though either get cathedrals or put a lot of non-fire practice in with the monkey fists; cathedrals are weighted better for people new to heavier poi
EDITED_BY: ABOBer92 (1414367500)

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh