Forums > Meet Others > Firespinners in Munich/ Germany

Login/Join to Participate

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
There are some locations, where you can meet other Poi/Staff-fanatics in Munich (happy to have some:) only when it's NOT raining....

Friday/Saturday/Sundays (and good-weather/ alternate weekdays): English Garden, especially in front of the Monopteros where the drummers form a drumcircle on non-rainy days ubblol Open to everybody!!! cool Nice people hug freaks ubbloco usually good atmosphere ubblol hastle-free open end and FREE!...

Tuesdays: Westpark opposite the lake and Restaurant Area (Meeting Point of 'Sonnenflammen' ubblove ) - not sure, whether on regular basis confused

(Alternate) Wednesdays : Domagkstrasse 33 (North Schwabing), Alabama-Area (Funkkaserne), at House # 35
old military barracks, artistry funky atmosphere, Bar, Campfire, open end, FEE (€ 3) confused Hosted ubbangel

LiLaLu Festival : 18.08.-04.09. check www.kinderzirkus-lilalu.de for yearly (up)dates. In the center of the festival small fire-area with spinning from 9pm to ~12 pm

Enjoy those places in my hometown - it took years for them to form and finally... ubbidea weavesmiley juggle ubblol rolleyes

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

missangelanewbie
8 posts

Posted:
yeah! finally... after searching thru these dam forums i finally can get hooked up in munich. i am from australia am have recently moved here. be here prob till nov. ran out of money for travells so had to get a job as aupair. i treid busking a couple of times in munich and it was not well received. plenty of lookers and even more people who just walked on by.. but no money. shame. so glad to hear there in a scene here. i live in holzkirchen (s5) but when i get into munich next i'll bring toys and check it out!
cheers!
angela

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Hey Angela.... welcome to my hometown *jumping up and down* please don't judge us on the Munichians - I'm one of 'em and I tell you: It's everything but not easy.

Please check out the Englischer Garten a.s.a.p. or contact me personally (I'll be back coming thursday) or check out the German speaking forum (with int'l section) www.poiforum.de (pls excuse me Malcolm) - there are plenty of fire twirlers in the city and when it comes to busking and everything, I am certain that we can get together and do something.

Hope to c u soon and keep your head up in the meantime.... smile

socrates1BRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
I will be in munich for a bit I believe, sometime around the 25th or 26th or something, my plans are not particularly set in stone but I will try to work it so I can hit some of these poi places, and if anyone would like to meet up let me know.

If you aren't in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Yes, drop me a mail or PM :o)

Trybalfirestranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hey, I just moved to Garmisch, was kinda wondering if you guys kept up with this. If so, I'd love to meet up with you guys, so give me a PM or something.