Forums > Social Chat > Looking for some people to spin with in Guildford, Surrey

Login/Join to Participate

Tellymember
1 post

Posted:
Hi my names telly and I've recently moved to Guildford and wanted to know if there are any local poi or staff spinners around that I could possibly spin with once in a while. It's good spinning alone but you learn more in a group and I honestly miss the atmosphere of a group connecting with a hobby like this. please get in contact if anyone here knows or hears about such a thing. Much appreciated. :)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Awww, this makes me sad!
For years (at least 4 years...) there was a regular meet in Guildford, which I vaguely helped in running, though it was never really official, just a gather. Guildford had a long, rich history of poi and staff spinning.

It used to be Thursday evenings, down by the river near The Brittania, though that was at least 4 years ago, no idea if it still happens.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Clare MichelmoreBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I appreciate that I've come late to the party here (about 2 years too late!) But I live near Guildford, have self-taught myself over the last few years and would love to meet some other poisters locally.

I'm new to the forum, so perhaps this is a silly question, but is there still any interest in this nowadays?