What is the highest wind speed that is safe to spin fire at?

Forum List        Active Topics     FAQ    Rules    Online Safety
#936408 - 14/03/12 05:36 PM What is the highest wind speed that is safe to spin fire at?
PridefulWiccan Offline

Wanting to spin some fire tonight real bad but I can't tell if it's too windy. Right now my weather report is saying there is a south wind of 16mph. Is that too high a winds? This is going to be my first burn at home so I'm not sure (normally I spin on the weekends with a troop of people). Any idea?

#936409 - 14/03/12 09:32 PM Re: What is the highest wind speed that is safe to spin fire at? [Re: PridefulWiccan]
willworkforfoodjnr Offline
Hunting robot foxes

Loc: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Generally its less a case of how safe it is and more can you keep the wicks lit! Give it a go if you're a confident spinner. That said, be careful to spin off properly as a burning bit of fuel can go a long way in high wind...

#936412 - 15/03/12 02:01 AM Re: What is the highest wind speed that is safe to spin fire at? [Re: willworkforfoodjnr]
Mynci Offline
Macaque of all trades

Loc: wombling free...
a good breeze can result in awesome burnoffs if you do staff wink just keep the wind to your back so the fire streams forwards grin

I wouldn't try any slow spinning in a high wind but 16mph shouldn't be too mad as long as you play safe and as advised spiin off properly.