Forums > Other Toys > How do I make stilt pants?

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I know there's a stilt thread... but I didn't want to sidetrack it with a pant discussion. I have some ideas for making stilt pants... I'd like to convert a pair of jeans as well as making a pair of pants. Is there anything I need to know? Anything I wouldn't have thought of? Any patterns that already exist?

Thanks! ubbtickled

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DreamingPhoenixTribemember
6 posts

Posted:
These plans work well: https://www.zeitgeist.net/wfca/stiltpants.html

I personally like to make the legs even wider, though you then have to cut down the waist with darts or some such. You may find that rings in the pant legs helps to keep them looking like you have legs instead of stilts.

Wouldnt really reccomend trying to adapt existing pants to stilt pants unless you are decent at designing clothing patterns - seen this attempted a couple of times with mediocre results.

Best of luck!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Guess what i did ?.

I just Got a pair of jeans and just extended them . Put a split on the side's to make getting into the dam things easy

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

TKOFmember
44 posts

Posted:
try aking your mom i did they always know someone who is good on a soeing machine

the end is nigh and now comence the time of the retarded badger

ItsAllTearsBRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
at my circus theres 2 funky outfits, a red and yellow jester one and a purple and green one. both with very funky hats!! biggrin

~* so, my love, your laughter is finally turning to tears, and you're begging for more, though the end is getting near *~

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
a good way to make stilt pants is to buy a pajama pants patern that would fit you then to extend the legs as long as your stilts. then you just make the pants following the directions on the pattern.
jane

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
How about hiding the foot platform?

I like the idea of the rings to keep the legs round. If you found a plastic bottle the right size you could cut strips and sticht right through the plastic.... Would these make puttin the pants on a real pain?

May i also say, if you can all excuse my momentary laspe into off topicness.... It was a pleasure to meet you nyc. Thanks for evenings fun and the fuel..., it went to very good use.

back on topic.

I've always like the big silky billowy type pants. And top hats.... for your head. but thats just me...

Let me know who you get on. I have a brand spankin new pair of stilts waiting for me when i get home!!!!!

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
aidan, let us know if you need a hand making some trousers. i've made trousers for stilts before and they turned out really well. i think i still have my pattern floating about somewhere....

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
(Y'all do know that this post was 6 months before I met the tePOOKa kids who showed me everything I needed to know?)

biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Cool, then you can help no?

all advice and pointiness in the right direction greatly welcomed and appreciated smile

Love is the law.