el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
hey guys,im having a spot of bother trying to learn how to do snakes with clubs (or in my case swinging/juggling knives). has anyone out there got a video of someone doing a snake?i'd be greatly apreciative. cheers folks.------------------Flame on!

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I don't know a video, but come to viaduct or brixton and I or a load of other people can show you no problem.Or just come on the anti war march tomorrow, and learn them there. (plug plug)Latas glass

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
Wow, a video of snakes... I can't say that I've ever seen one.Have you tried getting in touch with your local juggling group... surely someone knows how to do snakes and could show you.That's how our troupe learned... we had a Flying Karamozov Brother teach us! Good luck - they're a really cool trick once you learn them. I still struggle to do them 'out of sync' meaning one arm different than the other... it's pretty crazy.~*Charly*~The Cabiriwww.cabiri.org

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Well, beard you are not alone. I spent a lot of time on the weekend trying to figure out some of the spirals. What snake/s are you having trouble with? There is this Video , but I haven't seen it, and it only advertises basic single and double drills. I think there are other video's around. Charly's comment about the local juggling group is a good one, as is glass's offer. I was in a juggling shop in Melbourne on the weekend, and the sales guy, a juggler, said that someone did snakes at their juggle jam.Other suggestions: Get a copy, and decipher Schatz's book. It has lots of good diagrams and info on snakes. Better still, get a copy of Anna Semlyen's book on modern club swinging. As you are in the UK why not attend one of Anna Semlyen's Cosmos Jugglers Workshops. You can also look in the library at Anna's site for info on basic Snakes Finally, I will try to help if you have a specific problem, but I think I'm in the same leaky boat. smile Good Luck

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

luzmember
7 posts

Posted:
hello,i hope this is not off topic- but what are snakes??? i've never heard of them. perhaps i've seen them and dont know it. (unless we are talking boas and pythons smile )i tried a seach but couldnt find anything and the above link for anna semlyen is not working. hmmmmmmmmmm.i am so curious!thanks yalljamie

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
luz, snakes are Indian club moves that are meant to resemble snakes winding around your arms and body. Try this link and look in the library at Anna's site for basic info. Cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

luzmember
7 posts

Posted:
i see. . .thanks so much.